Our game plan
Australia's Winning Edge is a collaborative effort led by the ASC with key partners in the sport sector, and builds on the National Sport and Active Recreation Policy Framework (the Policy Framework) and National Institute System Intergovernmental Agreement.
The following priorities, agreed through the Policy Framework, focus on what is needed to achieve Australia's Winning Edge.
- Investing for success: Investment is targeted to achieve the greatest chance of international success.
- Planning to perform: Planning and review processes are contemporary and provide for elevated accountability across the sector.
- The right support: High performance athletes have the right support at the right time along their pathway to international success.
- Good governance and capability: High performance sports and sector partners have the structure, workforce and leadership capacity to develop successful programs to achieve competitive results and to spend taxpayer funding effectively.
- Evidence-based decisions: High performance sports and sector partners have a valid and robust evidence base on which to develop winning high performance programs.