- The textbook, Clinical Sports Nutrition [Burke and Deakin, eds; 4th Edition, 2010: McGraw Hill, Sydney), provides a comprehensive review of current knowledge on sports supplements. This chapter includes the summary tables of research investigating the effectiveness of supplements in athletes.
Supplements and Sports Foods
- Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA) is a professional organisation of dietitians specialising in the field of sports nutrition.
Sports Dietitians Australia
- Sports Medicine Australia is a national multidisciplinary organisation committed to enhancing the health of all Australians through safe participation in sport and physical activity.
Sports Medicine Australia
- Australian anti-doping organisations
Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority
Australian Sports Drug Medical Advisory Committee
- International anti-doping organisation
World Anti-Doping Agency
- INFORMED-CHOICE is a certification program for sports supplements, ingredients and manufacturing facilities, which assures athletes that products carrying the INFORMED-CHOICE mark have been regularly tested for substances considered prohibited in sport.
Informed Choice Program