Chicken and corn risotto
|Preparation time||15 minutes|
|Cooking time||30 minutes|
Always measure liquid accurately using proper measuring cups (available at supermarkets), not tea or coffee cups, so the rice cooks correctly. You can also replace the frozen peas with broccoli
- Spray of canola or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1½ cups arborio rice
- 400 g chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 425 g can baby corn cuts, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 750 mL (3 cups) MAGGI Chicken Stock
- ½ cup tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Spray a large pan with oil and heat.
- Add the onion, rice, chicken, corn, capsicum and peas. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and pasta sauce and stir until well combined.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir frequently until the rice is tender and the liquid is almost all absorbed.
- Remove from heat and stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs and season to taste before serving.