The AIS Psychology service provides coaches and athletes with interventions to enhance and monitor individual and team performance.
Psychologists also provide counselling when athletes are recovering from injuries, have not met their performance expectations, or are struggling with the day in day out pressure of training and competition.
Services provided by the Psychology team include:
- Evaluation and review of service delivery to AIS sport programs
- Individual consultations for performance enhancement and to manage performance anxiety
- Referral and case management of psychological issues
- Individual and group Mental Toughness programs that are offered face to face and via the internet.
- Goal setting, leadership, communication and team building programs
- Performance Profiling
- Injury Rehabilitation Programs
- Brainwaves – resources providing information about Performance Psychology