View Larger Map
There are three main parking areas for visitors. Their locations are:
Car park 3 - located adjacent to the Track and Field facility; in front of Canberra Stadium and at the end of Battye Street. This car park can accommodate buses.
Car park 5 - located across from the AIS Arena and at the corner of Leverrier Street and Battye Street. This car park can accommodate buses.
Car park 4 - located adjacent to the playing fields located on Masterman Street.
There are four main parking areas for staff. Their locations are:
Across from the AIS Arena and at the corner of Leverrier Street and Battye Street.
Adjacent to the Australian Sports Commission Administration.
Adjacent to the AIS Halls of Residence.
Car park 29 - located at the northern end of the campus, near the Maintenance building.
Driving instructions to AIS Bruce Campus
- Continue along the Federal Highway, which changes name to Northbourne Avenue, into Canberra.
- Turn right at Mouat Street traffic lights.
- Continue along Mouat Street and turn left at the Ginninderra Drive traffic lights.
- Continue along Ginninderra Drive and turn left at the Braybrooke Street traffic lights.
- Turn left at the first round-a-bout (Masterman Street).
- Turn right at the first street (Leverrier Street).
From Canberra city centre
- Head north along Northbourne Avenue.
- Turn left at Barry Drive traffic lights.
- Continue along Barry Drive (which changes name to Belconnen Way).
- Turn right at the Haydon Drive traffic lights.
- Turn right at the Battye Street traffic lights.
- Turn left at the last street (Leverrier Street).
To reach the campus by public transport you need to catch the number 7 Action bus from either Civic Centre or Belconnen Town Centre.
About the campus
The Australian Sports Commission has over 70 locations around Australia and the globe.
The main campus of the Australian Sports Commission, incorporating the Australian Institute of Sport, is located on Leverrier Street, Bruce, Australian Capital Territory.
The AIS campus map can be downloaded for easy reference. All locations on the campus have been numbered with the numbers on this map matching the numbers that you will find on the buildings and sporting facilities around the AIS campus.
The campus covers an area of around 65 hectares and is approximately seven minutes from the centre of Canberra. It is 5.5km east of Belconnen Shopping Centre, 3.5km west of Dickson Shopping Centre, 7km north-west of the city centre (Civic), 4.6km north-east of Jamison Shopping Centre, 2.6km north of Calvary Hospital and 3.8km east of the University of Canberra.