Stay at the AIS
A variety of accommodation is available throughout the year for a range of clientele.
4–bed flats with wheelchair access, which include:
- small lounge with television, reverse cycle
- air-conditioning, lounge, small five-piece table set, telephone (a phone card is required to make external calls)
- kitchenette equipped for minor cooking (oven, cook top, full-size fridge, microwave, hot water jug, toaster, crockery, cutlery)
- complimentary tea and coffee-making facilities
- bathroom with washing machine and dryer
- full service, including linen change once a week (additional servicing negotiable)
- iron and ironing board
Limited 2 bed flats with en suites, some with small kitchenette
Blocks of 12 single rooms with shared bathroom
Complimentary additional services and amenities based on package
- Complimentary full buffet style breakfast or full board
- Ample parking
- Internet use within the ASC firewall (limited wi-fi connection)
- Access to computer, internet and printing services in the computer lab
- Five Foxtel channels (Fox Sports 1, 2 and 3) in flats and common rooms
- Guest laundry facility
- Access to the AIS public swimming pool and gym on a ‘pay as you go’ system
- Reverse-cycle air conditioning in flats, block common rooms
- All linen (including two bed sheets, pillow and case, doona, blanket and towel)
- Weekly servicing (additional servicing negotiable)
- Secure access to accommodation and rooms
- 24 hours security staff servicing the Bruce campus
- Maintenance and regular inspection of all facilities
- Access to Residence Reception from Monday to Friday (7.30am–10.00pm) and Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays (8.00am–10.00pm)
The ASC is situated in Leverrier Street in Bruce, just a five-minute drive to the main shopping centre in Belconnen, and Australian Bureau of Statistics and Department of Immigration and Citizenship offices. We are approximately a ten-minute drive from Canberra’s major attractions and the CBD, and just 20 minutes drive from Canberra International Airport.
Some of our Rates (incl GST) for 2014
- Flats: $105–$120 per person per day (children unde 12 free) depending on meal plan, location. Special packages available for families staying 3–4 days.
- Single rooms:
- Bed and breakfast — $90 per person per day
- Bed and three meals — $105 per person per day
- Lunch or dinner — $15 per adult, $8 per child (under 12 years of age) for residents only
Our nutritious and appetising meals designed by AIS world class nutritionists for elite athletes, are available as a self-service buffet in the athlete dining hall.
Main requirements of the Residences
- No alcohol, smoking or illicit drugs are permitted within the residences.
- Prior approval is required for children under the age of seven to stay in the residences.
- Accommodation arrangement agreement with organisations covers booking systems for their staff, visitors and guests.
For reservation enquiries, email email@example.com and our friendly team will be happy to assist.
Longer stay packages available for organisations - contact the Assistant Director, Residences on (02) 6214 1391.