The collection covers a range of information types – books, videos/DVDs, CD’s, journals, annual reports, journal articles, book chapters and internet resources.
NSIC collection is technically orientated – specific sports, administration, coaching/training, sports science (physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, psychology, medicine), sport policy, special populations such as women, children, masters and disabled and major events such as the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. There is limited material held on the history and sociology of sport.
- Keyword – search for all types of information in one search i.e. books, videos and articles on basketball coaching
- Books – use the Books search to locate books available for loan. You will notice that not all books listed are held.
Videos/DVDs – use the Videos search to locate videos and dvds available for loan ie list of cricket videos.
- Journals – use the Journals to locate specific journal titles or annual reports held by the NSIC. A useful tool for researchers trying to find out if the NSIC holds a specific journal title ie Journal of Sports Sciences
- Articles – use the Articles search to locate articles on all areas of sport published in Australia. Overseas articles are listed in SportScan Database.
- E-Resources – use the E-Resources to locate reports, documents and articles available from the NSIC’s internet archive.
- AIS Sports Science Medicine Publications - use AIS Sports Science Publications to locate articles, reports and conference papers by Australian Institute of Sport Sports Science medicine staff since 1981.