Clearinghouse for Sport
The Clearinghouse for Sport (Clearinghouse) is an Australian Sports Commission led information and knowledge sharing initiative and premier sports information services provider for the sector.
The Clearinghouse website is open to all who wish to register as members. Access to some Clearinghouse services and resources may be limited to certain member groups due to licensing arrangements with commercial publishers. Access to content may also be restricted in instances where content owners are required to comply with copyright, privacy, and/or commercial in-confidence obligations.
Clearinghouse members have access to a range of online services and licensed information resources, including:
- Our very popular daily sports news service
- Knowledge base topics relevant to the sport sector
- Full text electronic journals and research databases
- Digital media including videos and images
- Sports publications archive
- Research profiles and library references services
- Secure member information sharing networks
If you would like to learn more about what Clearinghouse services and resources you can access, please visit the website.
The Clearinghouse's staff and physical facilities are located on the ground floor of the Corporate & Clearinghouse Building (No.17), on the AIS Bruce campus in Canberra - please see AIS Map.
Open to the public:
- 8:30am to 5:00pm - Monday to Friday
- Closed weekends and public holidays in the ACT
- Other times by appointment - 24/7 access is available to Australian national sports organisation staff
About the Clearinghouse
The 'AIS Information Centre' was first established in 1982 and later became the 'National Sport Information Centre' in 1989 when the AIS amalgamated with the ASC. In 2012 the ASC launched the Clearinghouse for Sport initiative as a central access point for the Australian sport sector, to serve the needs of users of a specific body of knowledge, and provide information in an audience appropriate manner to support the transfer and development of knowledge.
The Clearinghouse continues to play an important role in supporting the work of Australia's leading sports practitioners including coaches, athletes, sports administrators, policy makers, researchers, physical activity educators, sports scientists and medical staff.
The Clearinghouse also provides a range of expanded services and resources to Australia’s national elite level athletes, including past AIS scholarship holders.
Primary stakeholders of the Clearinghouse include:
- Australian Sports Commission, Australian Institute of Sport
- State institutes and academies of sport
- National sports organisations and peak sport bodies
- Commonwealth, state, territory and local government agencies
The Clearinghouse's friendly and professional staff are on hand to help ensure you make the most of your time within the Centre.
Visitors are welcome to browse the physical collections and utilise our audio-visual, information technology and meeting room facilities while being immersed in a dynamic sports environment.
The Clearinghouse adds its collection holdings to the National Library of Australia collection record.