Media awards entries deadline closing in
08 Sep 2014
Journalist, broadcasters and photographers are reminded that entries for the 2014 Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Media Awards close on Friday.
ASC CEO Simon Hollingsworth encouraged all members of the sports media to submit their best work by the nominations deadline of 5pm this Friday, September 12, for the only dedicated sports media honours in Australia.
“The awards are a fitting way for the ASC to help maintain the high standard of sports journalism, broadcasting and photography in Australia by recognising outstanding work in multiple categories,” he said.
This year’s categories are:
- Lifetime achievement award for contribution to sports journalism
- Best reporting of an issue in sport
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — television
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — print media
- Best coverage of sport by an individual — radio
- Best coverage of a sporting event by a media organisation
- Best promotion of sport for people with disability
- Best promotion of women in sport
- Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — broadcast media
- Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — print media
- Best sports journalism from rural, regional or suburban media
- Best sports photography
- Best depiction of the value of sport to Australians in a community setting
- Best contribution to sport through digital media
- Best analysis of the business of sport
Award finalists will be notified by Tuesday October 7. Winners will be announced at a gala dinner at Dockside, in Sydney, on Wednesday 19 November.
For more information and to enter or contact Kyira Cox on 0429 328 207