Entries open for ASC Media Awards
31 Jul 2015
Nominations are open for the 2015 Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Media Awards, including new categories recognising the contribution of digital media.
The ASC Media Awards are uniquely dedicated to excellence in sports journalism, broadcasting and photography.
There are 14 award categories open for nomination, with the period closing Friday, 11 September. Finalists will be notified by Tuesday, 6 October.
Winners, highlighted by the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, will be announced at a gala dinner at the Mural Hall, Melbourne, on Thursday, 26 November.
ASC chief executive officer Simon Hollingsworth encouraged all journalists, broadcasters and photographers to submit their best work.
“This is the fourteenth year we’ve staged the ASC Media Awards,” Hollingsworth said. “Over the years we’ve adapted the awards to recognise changes in sports media coverage, this year introducing digital categories.
“Australians value sport and these awards continue to honour the work of the sports media who consistently inform and entertain us with their professionalism.”
This year’s categories are:
1. Lifetime achievement award for contribution to sports journalism (nominations not required)
2. Best reporting of an issue in sport
3. Best coverage of sport by an individual — broadcast media
4. Best coverage of sport by an individual — print media
5. Best coverage of sport by an individual — digital media
6. Best coverage of a sporting event by a media organisation
7. Best coverage of sport for people with disability
8. Best coverage of women in sport
9. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — broadcast media
10. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — print media
11. Best sports journalism from rural, regional or suburban media
12. Best sports photography
13. Best depiction of the value of sport to Australians in a community setting
14. Best contribution to sport by an organisation through digital media
15. Best analysis of the business of sport
An expert panel made up of media, ASC and sport representatives will judge the entries.