The Elite Indigenous Travel and Accommodation Assistance Program (EITAAP) is an initiative that is jointly managed by the Australian Sports Commission and Department of Regional Australia, Local Government, Arts and Sport.EITAAP Application Form
In order to be eligible to apply for an EITAAP grant an indigenous sportsperson and their sponsoring organisation must meet the following criteria:
- be an indigenous sportsperson (athlete, coach, manager, official or trainer). Note that each application must include a Confirmation of Aboriginality (unless already provided to the ASC), these documents can be obtained from most local Indigenous organisations.
- Be selected in an official state/territory team to compete at national championships or an official Australian team to compete at an international event affiliated with an Australian Sports Commission recognised national sporting organisation (NSO).
- be part of a team where there is a clear selection process.
- must not be selected as part of an indigenous only team.
- must not be attending a professional event or an event that involves prize money.
- must not be under the age of 12 years (although exemptions may apply).
EITAAP funding is available to assist with travel costs in the form of petrol costs or air travel and accommodation expenses only:
- up to a maximum of $1,500 per financial year for eligible national championships; and/or
- up to a maximum of $4,000 per financial year for eligible international competitions
- Funding is available to assist with the cost of ground travel in the form of petrol costs or air travel.
o If the applicant is travelling the entire distance to the event by road and the event is more than 200km from the individual’s residential address, ground travel in the form petrol costs, coach or train tickets can be claimed for.
o If the applicant is flying to the event and the nearest departure airport is more than 200km from the applicant’s residential address, ground travel in the form of petrol costs, coach or train tickets can be claimed for.
o If the applicant is flying the event and the nearest arrival airport is more than 200km from the event location, ground travel in the form of petrol costs, coach or train ticket can be claimed for.
- The funding provided for air travel is no more than the equivalent amount of a standard economy domestic airfare or international airfare from Qantas.
Acommodation assistance can be up to a maximum of $70 per night for national championships and $100 per night for international events.
Acquittal of Grants
- All funding must be acquitted within two months of the championships/competition. Airline, hotel, travel agent receipts and petrol receipts must be supplied for all expenses claimed
- Applicants may apply up to two months after the championships/competition has taken place, acquittal documentation/receipts must be supplied with an application.
- Once a completed application has been submitted, the applicant and sponsoring organisation will be notified on the outcome within three weeks.
For more information please call the Funding section on (02) 6214 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.