Terms and conditions
- The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) may accept or reject any application for a Local Sporting Champions grant in its absolute discretion.
- If the ASC decides to make a grant to the applicant (Grant) the Grant will be made subject to these terms and conditions.
- The ASC will make a one-off payment to the successful Applicant (Applicant).
- If the Applicant is required to be registered for GST:
a. the Grant will be increased by the prevailing rate of GST; and
b. before the Grant will be paid, the Applicant must indicate whether they require the ASC to generate a tax invoice on behalf of the Applicant. By selecting YES, the Applicant is authorising the ASC to issue a tax invoice with respect to the Grant on the Applicant’s behalf.
- If the Applicant is not required to be registered for GST, either:
a. the Applicant has indicated to the ASC that the Applicant is an individual and is participating in the nominated sporting competition as a recreational pursuit or hobby; or
b. the Applicant has provided the ASC with the Applicant’s Australian Business Number (ABN).
- The Applicant must:
a. meet all of the eligibility criteria (as set out in the application form) for application and receipt of the Grant and must promptly notify the ASC if the Applicant no longer fulfils all of those eligibility criteria;
b. only use the Grant towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment for the nominated sporting competition or, where the competition has taken place, as a reimbursement for those purposes;
c. keep records detailing the use and expenditure of the Grant, and allow the ASC or its authorised representatives to access these records for the purpose of auditing the use of the Grant;
d. when attending the nominated sporting competition, conduct him or herself (or if a team, ensure that all team members conduct themselves) in a dignified and reputable manner, or (where the competition has already occurred) warrant that they have conducted themselves in such a manner; and
e. when attending the nominated sporting competition, ensure that he or she (or if a team, ensure that all team members) agree to be bound by, and comply with, the ASC’s Anti-Doping Policy and Junior Sport Codes of Behaviour available on the ASC’s website, or (where the competition or event has already occurred) warrant that they have complied with these requirements.
- Without limitation to any other rights of the ASC, if the ASC reasonably believes, at any time following the award of the Grant, that the Applicant:
a. has provided false or misleading information in the application;
b. has not attended, or will not attend, the nominated sporting competition; or
c. has otherwise breached any of its obligations set out in these terms and conditions
then the ASC may by written notice require the Applicant to repay to the ASC, in the ASC’s absolute discretion, all or part of the Grant. The amount notified must be repaid within 30 days of any such notice.
- Before or after the award of the Grant, the Applicant must, if requested by the ASC, cooperate with the ASC in relation to publicity initiatives regarding the Local Sporting Champions program. The Applicant agrees that the ASC may use any photo or video footage of the Applicant produced in connection with the Local Sporting Champions program for promotional purposes.
- The ASC collects personal information for the purpose of considering applications and administering the Local Sporting Champions program. The ASC may disclose the personal information the Applicant has provided to:
a. Members of Parliament and the Australian Government for the above purpose, and/or
b. the media for promotional purposes.