Individual Development Grants
The WLIS Individual Development Grants program supports individual women to gain skills, knowledge and qualifications to progress on their leadership pathway.
The maximum grant amount is $3,000 to support course/training fee. Consideration may be given to support travel and accommodation costs borne by successful recipients residing in rural/remote areas for attending the approved course/training.
Individual Development Grant Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the WLIS Individual Development Grants, an applicant must:
- be female;
- be aged 18 years or over;
- be an Australian citizen or have been granted permanent residence status;
- be involved in a paid or volunteer capacity at a local, state or national level in the sport industry for the duration of the project;
- be supported by a sporting organisation that is affiliated with a national sporting organisation recognised by the ASC*. The supporting organisation must confirm that the individual is involved in a paid or volunteer capacity at a local, state or national level in the sport industry, and that their organisation supports the application;
- apply for grant support for a course/training that commences in 2017;
- be available to attend an allocated 2017 WLIS Leadership Workshop; and
- if previous WLIS grant recipients, have no outstanding acquittal and/or reporting requirements.
*List of ASC recognised National Sporting Organisations: Australian Sports Directory.
WLIS Leadership Workshops
In addition to receiving the grants, all successful individual recipients will attend one of the ASC 2017 WLIS Leadership Workshops.More details about the workshops can be found here: WLIS Leadership Workshop.