Register for the World Conference on Women and Sport
02 Feb 2010
Registrations are now open for the 2010 International Working Group on Women and Sport (IWG) World Conference, which takes place 20-23 May 2010 at the Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre.
The 2010 IWG World Conference will bring together delegates from more than 100 nations, providing an opportunity to share ideas and expertise on the conference’s main theme — ‘Play | Think | Change’ — and sub-themes:
- women, sport and human rights
- financing and media for gender equality in sport
- physical activity and health for women
- sport and social change
- engaging generation Y and Z in sport and physical activity.
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) is a major supporter of the 2010 IWF World Conference. ASC staff members will also be delivering keynote presentations at the conference, on the following topics:
- ‘Towards a Level Playing Field: the portrayal of women in sport by the media’
- ‘The Crawford Report: the impact on women and sport’
- ‘Australian Elite Athlete Career and Education: empowering women’s careers through sport
- ‘Participation Trends for Women and their Policy Implications’
- ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Be Safe and Included in Sport
- ‘Play by the Rules: promoting inclusion by challenging stereotypes and offering solutions.’
The conference closing ceremony takes place on 23 May at Sydney Olympic Park and will feature a showcase of popular sporting activities, including cycling, swimming and archery.
The deadline for registration is Thursday 6 May.