The Australian Sports Commission has developed or supported national sporting organisations and state departments of sport and recreation to develop programs and resources to assist sporting organisations and schools to create safe, fun and inclusive sport environments. This section of the website provides some key resources available.
Further resources and information can be obtained from the state/territory departments of sport and recreation or relevant state or national sporting organisations.
Sports Medicine Australia has some useful resources available on their website including fact sheets on a range of topics about women and sport issues, including:
- premenstrual syndrome and the active women
- nutrition for sportswomen
- exercise in pregnancy
- exercise and well being after pregnancy
- women, menopause and sport
- exercise and osteoporosis
- contraception for sportswomen
- growing up with exercise
The factsheets are available on the Sport Medicine Australia website.