Registrations open for 2012 Sports Without Borders Conference
24 Apr 2012
Registrations are now open for the 2012 Sports Without Borders National Conference on Friday 15 June in Melbourne.
Sports Without Borders will bring together participants – including administrators, coaches and players from across all levels of sport – providing them an opportunity to share ideas and expertise on the conference’s key theme of social inclusion within sport.
Sports Without Borders is a national not-for-profit organisation, backed by the Australian Multicultural Foundation (AMF), which is dedicated to providing support for young people from migrant and refugee backgrounds who are involved in or want to get involved in sport.
Participants at the 2012 Sports Without Borders Conference will:
- learn the latest methods in recruitment and retention of players and volunteers
- get tips and advice on how to make your club more inclusive and welcoming to women, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Indigenous Australians
- learn how to build partnerships and linkages to help take your club to the next level: from ordinary to extraordinary
- learn the latest methods for marketing your club
- get the latest tips on applying for grants and generating more funding.
The conference will feature practical and informative sessions on how to apply for grants funding and how to attract and retain new members and improve your club or organisation’s image, and will also provide inspirational talks and case studies.
Minister for Sport the Hon Senator Kate Lundy will deliver the opening address to the conference.
Key speakers include:
- Paul Kennedy, Host, ABC Contact Sport and ABC News Broadcast
- Phil Ruthven, Founder and Chair of Ibis World, who will provide a state-of-the-nation address on key facts and statistics behind community sport
- Clem Rodney, Indigenous Sport Program, Department of Sport and Recreation, Western Australia
- Susan Crow, General Manager Community, Melbourne Heart Football Club
- Anna-Louise Kassulke, Service Manager, Gold Coast Recreation and Sport
- Patrick Moriarty, Our Community – how to source more grants and funding for your club
- Brett de Hoedt, Hootville Communications – how to attract more members through marketing
- Athalia Zwartz, Sports Without Borders – how to get and manage linkages and partnerships, particularly with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and
- an inspirational message from Frances Leach, ABC Grandstand Breakfast on the need for compassion and passion in sport.
Register online for the Sports Without Borders Conference through the Our Community website.
More information is also available in the Sports Without Border Conference Program.