A list of current vacancies at the Australian Sports Commission can be found at our Careers with ASC site.
For more employment opportunities outside of the ASC in the Australian Sporting Sector, please see our Jobs in the Sport Sector page.
The Australian Sports Commission Board is currently seeking applications for the role of Chief Executive Officer. See the advertisement below or download the PDF attached at the bottom of this page for more details.
The Australian Sports Commission (incorporating the Australian Institute of Sport) is Australia’s primary national sports administration and advisory agency, and the cornerstone of a wide-ranging sports system. It is run by a Board of Commissioners appointed by, and responsible to the Minister for Sport in the Australian Government.
Chief Executive Officer
The Board of the Australian Sports Commission is seeking an exceptional individual to be its new Chief Executive.
This is a unique and outstanding opportunity to shape the future of sport in Australia at the elite international and grassroots levels and have real impact on sporting outcomes for all Australians.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion for creating success in elite international sport and increased participation in grassroots sport;
- An outstanding strategic mindset with a demonstrated track record of leading transformative organisational change;
- Dynamic and outstanding leadership and people skills – the ability to inspire and motivate others;
- An ability to navigate diverse stakeholder relationships in a public sector environment;
- Strong commercial acumen; and
- Impeccable integrity.
The organisation is based in Canberra. Previous experience in a government organisation is not essential.
A detailed statement regarding this opportunity is available by calling the assisting consultants, Egon Zehnder on (03) 9678 9600 or you may request a copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.