AIS Sports Nutrition and Nestle are committed to providing AIS athletes and other active people with nutritious, tasty recipes that can be prepared by anyone with a busy lifestyle. With the help of our athletes, we have prepared three cookbooks.
Survival cookbooks can be purchased from Nestle.
- Survival for the Fittest
- Survival from the Fittest
- Survival around the World
- Survival for the Active Family
Our books can also be purchased on-line and from most book shops. Visit our Publications section to order our books.
The following information is provided about each recipe:
- ENERGY VALUE - although people think of energy as "get up and go", in fact it is simply the kilojoule (kJ) or calorie content of the food
- CARBOHYDRATE CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- FAT CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- PROTEIN CONTENT - provided as grams (g) per serve
- Special comments ~ may note content of fibre, iron, calcium, vitamin C or zinc
Good for freezing. This symbol means that the recipe is suitable for freezing. Freeze the whole amount in an airtight container, or better still, divide into single serves which can be quickly thawed and heated when required. Most meals can be left in the freezer for up to 2-3 months.
In Survival Around the World we have tried to better cater for our athletes with lower fuel needs. Where possible, we have indicated how to vary the quantity of certain ingredients. We have also suggested how to vary the number of serves provided by each meal to cater for athletes with high and lower fuel needs.
An example nutrition information table is shown below:
|ANALYSIS per serve (+ bread)||
|Energy kJ (Cal)|
|Vitamin C, Fibre, Iron|
No results were found